Well, I’ve been tagged for something. By my good friend Mollie, who completed the same tag, in a far less boring manner here.
I’m not the bucket list type to be honest. I like the idea, but I just don’t like to think about that aspect of my life. Dying, and stuff. It’s a mug’s game, and I’m not going to play it.
“The only reason people die, is because EVERYONE does it. You all just go along with it.
It’s RUBBISH, death. It’s STUPID. I don’t want nothing to do with it.” -Hob Gadling, Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman.
Unfortunately barring miracle of science (I’m watching you science guys, get on this) I probably won’t get a ton of choice in the matter. So before that untimely day, or timely, if it’s a convenient sort of thing (I don’t know how it’s gonna play out) I guess I should do this Bucket List.
- Finish my current WIP novel. Let’s not discuss how it’s going, just that I really want to finish it, and if possible, it’s sequel.
- Related to my first one pretty strongly. My name in print. Just a book, self-published or traditional, written by me. I could care less if I could even get a cover, or where I end up publishing. Just something I made, a product of my mind, in my hands. It’s my last real clear goal for this whole thing.
- Possibly write a series. At least three books, in a storyline. I’ve got a few ideas, and I’d like to see them realized. Although they’re more Sci-Fi/Mystery, and High Fantasy. Maybe I’ll come up with a third book idea for my Odd series.
- Participate in a few anthologies. Editing and contributing. I love anthologies, and I’ve always wanted to put together one myself. I’m not sure what the theme would be, but it’d probably be awesome. I love short stories.
- The most far off and least likely of my goals. A restaurant based off of books. Seriously, a restaurant where all the dishes are inspired by literature. Attached to a book store/cafe, maybe? I’ve already got a few recipe ideas. Theme parties too. Murder Mystery Dinners on Christie’s birthday. Stuff like that.
So that’s it. Simple and boring, but my goals are fairly low key right now. What’s your writing bucket list? Goals or dreams you have?